Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hair-a-polousa!

We did a little sculpting on Adam's hair this morning. It's "Wacky Hair Day" at school so we decided to go BIG with the "Faux-Hawk"! Let me just say, it took a village to raise that hair people! He actually, sort of, reminded me of Sonic the Hedgehog. He was too cute! Afterwards, he asked me for two tattoos! I had to put my foot down.



The big surprise came when, AFTER doing his hair, when I remembered that Adam has an appointment with his ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat doctor) today. Lovely. Thank goodness I didn't give-in to the tattoo request, huh? Can you imagine the stares would have gotten (and maybe might still get) in the hallways of the hospital? I would have certainly (and, again, might still) got the "what-the-*%#$-kind-of-mother-are-you?" look at least one or twenty times. :O)



I'm just glad that he'll be missing naptime at school today because if that child lays his head on his pillow, for any length of time, it will most assuredly be stuck there for the remainder of the day. We might've had to call-in the paramedics to remove it because I wasn't lying when I said it took a village......there is so much gel, Stiff Stuff, Hair Glue, mousse, and hairspray in that boy's head that if you try to bend one of those spikes of hair, it will just break right off. It took me 10-minutes just to wash the cake-on hair products off my hands this morning. I hope he really likes his hair that way because it might just be stuck like that for the next coulpe of days/weeks.



Here is Adam the Hedgehog:








See, isn't he cute?! Not that I'm ready to rush right out and get his head shaved, mind you, but I do think it looks pretty cool. :O)

As for other family news, Adam is seeing the ENT today to discuss his tonsilectomy on July 7th. Poor little guy has had so much trouble with his tonsils this past year. I know it will be such a relief for him to have them out. He's had to go through 5 bouts of strep and roughly 6 cases of tonsilitis/pharyngitis so it's long overdue.

Gracie is having a blast this summer. She and all the kids in Adventure Camp are going to field trips galore!! She has a busier social calendar than any of us.

Adam will be starting montessori school in the fall (willingly, I hope). I'm sure that, eventually, he grow to like it and I say that only because, ever since taking a tour of the school, whenever we pass the building on our way to Gracie's tae kwondo class, Adam points to it and says, "Hey Mommy, you see that school right there?" "Yes, honey, I see that school", I reply. "Well, that is NOT my school. Right Mommy?" Oui! So far, he's not buyin' into all the "Rah, Rah" talk from us about how GREAT the school is......looks like it might be a rough transition.

Let's see, what else is going on? Oh, Navy, Gracie's beta fish (the fish that has lived for TWO and a HALF years now), nearly kicked the bucket last week. (Un)Fortunately, he has made a full recovery. Yay! (Dang it, so close!)

Outside of that, not much is happening around our house these HOT summer days! It's about 500 degrees here so we spend much our our weekends up at the pool, swimming in soupy hot water - yippee!

Hope you and yours have a heatstroke-free and fabulous Fourth of July!!

No comments: