Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Remember me?

Wow, I can't believe its been MONTHS since I last posted!! Time flies and, surprisingly, memory fades because after two failed attempts to sign-on this morning I was really beginning to worry that my last post would be my final post. Seriously, people, it was touch-n-go there for a minute.

Obviously, I need to catch you up on all the family happenings from Halloween through Christmas but first, so as not to be miss yet another holiday greetings opportunity, I thought I was take a moment to wish you all a very Happy New Year! It will be a quiet celebration for us this year, which I welcome with open arms because we've been going, going, going, non-stop since Halloween.

I have to say that 2008 has been a pretty good year for us. We're really fortunate that we've not been too badly affected by the market swings and struggling economy of late, however, I know that has not been the case with everyone reading this post. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you for a much better 2009.

That being said, I decided to sit down and count my 2008 blessings. In David Letterman fashion I give you:

My "Top 10" of 2008

10. Falling gas prices! Hallelujah!

9. The Chik-fil-a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake. Truly ya'll, a little bit of HEAVEN in a cup! I swear sometimes I can hear the angels sing. Can I get an Amen?

8. Our trip to Disney World - need I say more?

7. Gracie being in the JC Christmas parade! Holla!

6. The wonderful news that we'll be welcoming a new little niece or nephew in 2009! Congratulations JE&H!

5. Seeing Gracie on stage at her very first Piano Recital, in front of an audience of 30 or so parents, standing there with complete confidence and a smile worthy of a toothpaste commercial as she thanked everyone for coming and then announced that she would be playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

4. All the wonderful Dallas Children's Theater plays that we have attended over the year, with and thanks to Kay-Kay. Especially, the performance of "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse", which so happened to be the first play Adam ever attended. At one point during the performance, I looked over at my rough and tumble little boy and he was tearing up at the part where Lily was crying because she'd lost her perfectly purple plastic purse. Such a sweet moment.

3. All the wonderful holiday moments throughout the year - making Valentine's for all the kids' friends, coloring Easter eggs and the always eventful Easter egg hunt that follows, fireworks on the Fourth, birthdays, Halloween, thanksgiving and, of course, the very well appointed gingerbread house we decorated this year. I'll post a picture in the coming weeks or in April, whichever comes first.

2. The single cup coffee maker we got for Christmas!! Shout out to Marv and Betty for this super FAB gift! LOVING IT and just a little shakier as I adjust to the ever-increasing level of caffeine that's flowing through my veins this week.

and most importantly (insert a Paul Shaffer drum roll here)...

1. The blessed gift of waking up every single morning to the sweet faces of my precious family. I love you all and am eternally grateful to God that you are a part of my life and love me in spite of all my (many) imperfections!

Happy New Year to all! Don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas! I'm headed to the grocery store right now!

No comments: